Research Activity Codes classify types of research activity.
This dimension of the HRCS has 48 codes divided into eight overarching code groups which encompass all aspects of health related research activity ranging from basic to applied research.
The Research Activity Codes are modelled on the structure of the Common Scientific Outline, a cancer research specific classification system developed by the International Cancer Research Partnership.
- The 8 Research Activity Code Groups are listed on the left - select a group to view the codes within it
- You can also select the tabs at the top, as follows:
- Overview to review all the codes
- Summary to see an information table
- Advice for coding guidance on assigning Research Activity Codes
- Search to find a particular code